A Quick Guide about Short Hairstyles
Stylish, sexy, short haircuts are all the rage these days for women of all ages, sizes and ethnicities. Haircuts that were once considered too tomboyish are gracing fashion runways and pooping up at the best parties, celebrations and intimate gatherings. Bold, brave, sophisticated and cultured women are now wearing short haircuts to work, school or any other destination. For some women, cutting their hair short is their way of making a feminist statement. For others, it represents the ultimate in convenience. Many women wear their hair short because it looks great and they enjoy doing it.
8 Reasons Why You Should Wear Short Hairstyle
Beyond how it looks and feels, wearing short hair also provides a wide range of benefits for women as well. Here are just a few of them:
- It’s Very Easy To Maintain: Short hair styles don’t get messed up or spoiled easily. Even when they do, it can be fixed and ready to go in a flash. With short hair, you can wash it, dry it, comb it and go in no time flat.
- It’s Convenient In Warm Weather: When the weather is warm, short hair allows you to cool your neck and scalp. No need for a bun or ponytail, when you have short hair it will feel light and cool all spring and summer.
- It Looks Smart And Ultra-Modern: Long hair in traditional styles looks old fashioned nowadays. Many a fast-paced modern woman wears her hair short because it saves time and short hair makes them look smart, sexy and unconventional.
- Keeps Hair Healthy: Knots, split-ends and other types of damage is common with long hair. Short hair is easier to wash, condition and protect. This makes keeping your hair healthy and less susceptible to being damaged a breeze.
- It Is Unconventional: When many women want to make a statement and get noticed, they cut their hair. This break from the conventional long, elaborately-styled hair women have traditionally worn for hundreds of years, is enough to turn heads and let people know she is unconventional, different and comfortable standing out from the crowd.
- It Saves Time: Women today are often on the go. Being forced to meticulously style long hair each morning uses up precious minutes and can make her late for work or cut into the time she could be spending having fun. Short hair is easy to style and manage and allows women to use their time more efficiently.
- Short Hair Is More Cost Efficient: Many women with long hair have to spend thousands of dollars a year at the beauty parlor and on expensive styling and conditioning hair products. Short hair requires minimal conditioning and styling and can save women lots of money.
- You Love It That Way: Many women wear their hair long because that’s what they were always told they should do to look more feminine and beautiful. Confident modern women of all ages follow their own sense of style and fashion rules. If they think wearing short hair compliments their features, works better with their lifestyle and makes them feel free and beautiful, then they wear their hair as short as they want.
Best Short Hairstyles For The Shape Of Your Face
Ideally, a woman should choose short hairstyles that accentuate the shape of her face. Whether your face is round, long, or heart-shaped, the right short hairstyle can help your to look your best. The following are a few examples.
Short Hairstyles For Women With Round Faces
- The Bob: A bob does a great job of accentuating a round face. It creates the illusion that the face is longer. The height lift that starts at the roots, as well as the side sweep, makes this versatile style suitable for anyone. However, it works wonders for women who have rounder facial features.
- Short Natural Hair: Short hair styles can help round faces to look more elongated. The key is choosing a short cut that goes upwards and not outwards. Adding volume at the top of the head while the sides are cut really close helps to create a fantastic looking overall facial shape.
- The Blunt Bob: This short haircut works well with women with round faces because the length of the hair allow it to sit just below the jawline. This creates the illusion that the face is longer. Using deep side-parting makes it super slimming.
Short Hairstyles For Longer Faces
- The Shorter Shag: For women with a long facial shape, a shorter shag hairstyle works well. The long layers hitting just above the chin frames the face perfectly while offsetting the volume on top. Its fabulous shagginess adds tons of dimension and makes this low cut ideal for both day and night, work and play.
- A Great Short Haircut: For women who have longer faces and pin-straight hair, a flattering short haircut is one with lots of volume on the side and bangs to add a hint of roundness to the face. Women with thick, wavy hair should have their stylist thin it out a little bit to create the desired look.
- Get Bangs: For women with longer shaped faces and high foreheads, a short haircut with some blunt or side-swept bangs can help to downplay the shape of the face. Whether the bangs are thick or just a few wisps, they can work wonders for transforming the way a woman’s face looks and add a youthful softness.
Short Hairstyles For Women With Heart-Shaped Faces
- Soft, Side-Swept Bangs: Women with heart-shaped faces and pointy chins can draw attention to and accentuate their eyes with a sexy close cut featuring soft, side-swept bangs. Have your hairstylist trim the bangs vertically and let them stop between the brow and the eyelids. That adds the perfect touch of sexiness and flirtiness every woman wants.
- A Sleek Crop: If you have a heart-shaped face and are looking for a bold, stylish, sophisticated look, try a sleek crop. Not for the shy, this haircut will show off your face and attract people’s attention. Use a flatiron to smoothen the hair and add a little texturizing cream to create a unique finish.
- A-Line Bob: So you have a heart shaped face and you want a short haircut that will make you look great. For those bold and daring enough to lose some hair length, an A-line bob is the way to go. The strands will graze your jawline, frame your face and soften it. The shorter cut hair towards the back will add to the daring of this dazzling hairstyle.
Short Haircuts For Women With Square Faces
- Cute and Curly: Breaking all the rules and cutting your curly hair short can soften the look of a woman with a square face. Leave the curls long, but in lots of layers. The back should be very short with distinct layers will add a little spice, while the curls up front will soften the look of your chin. Adding bangs can work beautifully because it’s all about layering. Then cut each individual curl while the hair is dry and create a few tendrils that frame and highlight your face perfectly.
- Buzz Cut With Designs: If you want a simple, no-fuss, adventurous, short haircut that will take all the attention off the shape of your face and onto your sparkling eyes, high cheekbones and luscious lips, go with a buzz cut. Don’t go with a run-of-the-mill buzz cut, add some excitement by having your barber cut a few simple or several intricate geometric designs into your hair. No matter what type of hair tattoo you choose, you buzz cut is bound to turn heads. Are you confident enough for a hairstyle this adventurous?
Making a Statement With Short Haircuts
No matter the shape of a woman’s face or the texture of her hair, a short haircut can be extremely flattering. Women can make their haircut look even more attractive by adding layers, waves, curls, light hues and brown, bronze and blond highlights. Short haircuts make women look bold and confident and can help to highlight their attractive facial features. The days when only long flowing hair was considered attractive and feminine are over. Today, women from all walks of life have embraced short haircuts and look fierce with them.